30 Day Gender Queer Challenge:
Prompts provided by genderqeerid.com http://genderqueerid.com/post/19662297051/30-day-genderqueer-challenge
Now that the Summer Semester is almost over I’m trying to get back into some good writing habits and will be working off of prompts instead of agonizing over an original post idea. Hopefully when the Fall Semester comes I’ll be able get back into a regular posting pattern.
In the meantime, I’ll be doing the 30 Day Gender Queer Challenge prompts for the next 30 days, Whoo!
1) Do you use any other terms to define or explain your gender or lack of gender?
2) How did you grow up with your gender or lack of gender?
3) What’s your favorite ways of upsetting gender roles (i.e. genderbending/genderfucking/etc…
4) Name some queer heroes, influences, or crushes you’ve had.
5) Dysphoria and how you manage it.
6) When did you realize you were Genderqueer?
7) What are your favorite physical features of yourself?
8) An unpopular or unsure opinion about the GSM community?
9) What have you done or plan to do to socially transition? (i.e. pronouns, name, coming out, etc.)
10) Are you taking any steps to physically transition?
11) Describe your first experience with a GSM organization or event.
12) Discuss your relationship with the term transgender
13) How has your family taken it or how might they take it?
14) Are you part of the Gender and Sexuality Minority community?
15) How do you deal with gendered things? Clothes shopping, bathrooms, forms, etc.
16) Name some media you connect with queerly
17) How do you, or would you, deal with being misgendered?
18) How does your gender factor in to your future plans?
19) What terms in the cisgender, GSM, or trans* community are problematic?
20) Have you faced any problems or gone through any changes regarding religion?
21) How has your relationship with yourself been affected since you realized you were Genderqueer?
22) What is your sexual and romantic orientations? Are they affected by your gender?
23) Do you feel comfortable answering questions about your gender to friends? Acquaintances? Strangers?
24) How has your relationship with the cisgender people in your life changed?
25) Your first queer crush or relationship
26) Discuss how your clothes do or don’t reflect your gender
27) Write a poem about being Genderqueer. (if you struggle, try a haiku, acrostic poem with your name, or just a stream of consciousness paragraph)
28) Who are some people in your life, on or offline, who make your life better? Your relationship doesn’t have to be related to queerness.
29) Some positive Genderqueer experiences
30) What does Genderqueer mean to you?
31) Bonus! (Think of your own prompt or something that was missed on the list!)
2 thoughts on “30 Day Gender Queer Challenge Prompts”
Pingback: 30 Day Gender Queer Challenge: Prompt 1 – A³
Excited to see your responses to these 🙂