First of all, Happy Pride Month Everyone!!!
This is a Call for submissions for the Carnival of Aces for June 2019. A “blogging carnival” is when a bunch of blogs get together and post about a single topic. The purpose of this is to bring awareness to the topic and to gain a variety of perspectives and voices. At the end of the month the host, yours truly, will collect all the links into a single post for everyone to see. To learn more about the Carnival of Aces, see past topics and submissions, and/or to volunteer to be a future host please check out the master post on The Asexual Agenda.
Last month was hosted by Demi and Proud on the topic of “Asexuality and Gender At Play” which you can view by clicking here.
For this month I picked the topic of “Then, Now, & Tomorrow“.
I’m turning 30 this year and my life is completely different from what I thought it would be when I graduated high school in 2008; Not better, not worse, just different. I’m actually pretty happy with how I turned out as a person, specifically as an aromantic asexual in an alloromantic/allosexual world and I’m looking forward to continuing that positive trend. On that note I’m curious to see how you folks have:
- Grown as a person the last few years
- What factors or people have helped you grow
- What set backs you might currently facing, past obstacles, or even possible future obstacles and how you’re dealing with them
- What you’re doing now to continue learning and growing
- Where you see yourself in the next few years
- Where you see yourself when you turn 25, 30, 40, 50, or whatever milestone is next for you
- Any combination of the above
- Or anything else you can think of along the lines of the prompt “Then, Now, & Tomorrow”
I’m looking forward to seeing where everyone is at in their life’s journey. To submit a post you can just put a link down in the comments or send the link in an email to LettreDeMarque(at)outlook(dot)com (mind the spelling) with your preferred name and pronouns. If you want to submit an anonymous post let me know in the email and I’ll put the post on my own blog. Just a friendly reminder that submissions are not limited to blog posts and that video essays, poems, comics, and other formats are perfectly fine as long as I can get a link for the round up post at the end. I’ll also take late submission up to 3 days after the deadline (I know the evils of writer’s block and that life gets in the way) which will be midnight Eastern Standard time on June 30th.
Happy writing everyone!